• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best bird picture I ever took (1 Viewer)

jnicholes

Hello,

So, a user here gave me some recommendations on using my camera. I took his advice and tried it out. Here is a picture of a red tailed hawk I took awhile ago before I took his advice.

Red Tailed Hawk.JPG

Yesterday, I took his advice and tried out a new setting on my camera. I witnessed a 3 way hawk fight and got a picture of one of the hawks on the new setting. The result was the best bird photo I ever took.

Red Tailed Hawk_3.jpg

You can see the difference. I caught the talons of the hawk in the second picture as well as a lot of detail.

Well, that was my birding day yesterday. Thanks to that user who gave me that advice!

Jared

Just out of interest could you enlighten as to what your camera/lens is and what settings you are on in order to have the improved results?

Laurie:t:

sure. I have a Kodak Pixpro AZ252 camera. I was on the auto setting in the first picture, and on the next picture, I was on shutter priority. I set my shutter speed to 1/2000.

Thats about it.

Jared

A 25x zoom based on 24mm which is good at 50mm coupled with 16mpx top resolution and is a good price:t:

I have a couple of Canon 7D bodies with a couple of zooms up to 600mm but for general field birding i use 1 of 2 Lumix bridge cameras similiar to your spec and just set on ‘burst’ tend to get record shots of anything notable that i see or find (not much of the latter tbh). When abroad i now take a Canon body, both lenses and the latest upgrade Lumix:t:

Laurie -

Wow amazing! It brings me such joy to see avifauna photography at these levels. I remember once I saw a similarly majestic passerine but lacked the personal finesse to catch it on my Cannon EOS 80D

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back