• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tenerife Insect I.D (1 Viewer)

Malachi1

I saw this on the wall of a stone building in Santiago Del Teide, Tenerife. This is a mountainous region on the west of the island. The main trees present were Canary Pines although some Olive trees and Uciliptis was in the immediate area.

As you can see it has alot going on. Even the barbs extending from it have yet smaller barbs running along them. I was able to identify almost every insect I came across in Tenerife however this completely threw me. Any help to identify it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• i10.jpg
    i10.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 34
In what world can this be an earwig species!??!
It's one of the Three-pronged Bristletails, Order Thysanura, wouldn't have a clue which species occur in that area though.

In what world can this be an earwig species!??!
It's one of the Three-pronged Bristletails, Order Thysanura, wouldn't have a clue which species occur in that area though.

Perhaps in a World where people have the ability to communicate politely.

Last edited:
Three-pronged bristle tails pointed me in the right direction thank you. Apparently considered pests in hotter climates and larger cousins of silver fish. Unsure of the specific species but alots been revealed to me

Appreciate giving it a go Andy A, cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back