• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ribbon Seal, how to see them? (1 Viewer)

TWM

Mrs M has decided that she REALLY wants to see Ribbon Seals in the wild ( I can see why).
The areas they are found (Sea of Oshkosh) are fantastic for birds so it seems like a good idea to me!!
I know it is very expensive and we really can't afford it but what the hell!!
So--any recommendations for Tour Companies that can do the biz?
Wildwings will be our first port of call.

You most definitely don't want to go to Oshkosh! ;)... Okhotsk

Wildwings is probably a good starting point. Something to bear in mind is that most of these expedition cruises are operated by a small number of outfits (e.g. Heritage Expeditions), but marketed by many different agents (such as Wildwings) at sometimes very different prices for the exact same trip. It pays to shop around, and ask for a discount from the agents.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back