• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

eBird outage (1 Viewer)

gdhunter

Have been unable to reach eBird for the last five or six hours. Browser error message:

"Can’t connect securely to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner."

No problem reaching other sites.

Gary H

Elsewhere on birdforum I saw that this outage had been noticed by Cornell and they were working on it (message given wia twitter). Additionally, that it later did come back online.

Niels

Elsewhere on birdforum I saw that this outage had been noticed by Cornell and they were working on it (message given wia twitter). Additionally, that it later did come back online.

This morning I received a reply from eBird support in response to an email inquiry I had sent. Major power outage in Ithaca yesterday caused the disruption.

It did motivate me to download my lifelist & major regions lists. Hate to have all my eggs in one basket.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back