• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HR 4093-Amending Migratory Bird Treaty Act. (1 Viewer)

michaelboustead

HR 4093 would increase the penalty for the intentional killing of birds subject to the Migratory Bird Treaty Act from a Class B misdemeanor to a felony punishable by up to one year in prison and a fine of $50,000.

A Class B misdemeanor is, I believe, not subject to Federal sentencing guidelines while the felony charge would be subject to the guidelines. Groups of people engaged in shooting birds would also be subject to more serious conspiracy charges.

Its a long shot but may be possible with enough support.

Mike

Thanks for heads-up...

Email just sent to my Congressman.

Unfortunately a majority of MBTA violations (for North American migrants) occur in Central & South America.

I have dozens of letters sent to BBL along with bird band asking for cash reward for the band or asking for compensation for the chicken that was killed by the banded raptor.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back