• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello! And question (1 Viewer)

BethanyG

Hello,
I am researcher from the University of New South Wales in Australia and I am currently studying perceptual expertise in real-world settings (e.g. anyone that spends a long time viewing or analysing anything visual, such as you guys!).

I was just wondering whether it would be acceptable to post some information to your forum about a study that I'm currently conducting online? We are currently running a study where we are hoping to recruit perceptual experts (such as yourselves) and there is a $100 voucher that will be available to the more accurate participant.

Please let me know whether this would be acceptable and where would be the best place to post the invitation to the study!

Hi Bethany and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We’re glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

I will alert admin as to your question.

New Mallard Mom

Hi,

I’ve come here often to figure out how to take care of my mallards. I thank everyone for their knowledge and sharing. I am from Putnam County New York and loving being a duck owner. Up until a few months ago, I have never known a duck, but now wish I would’ve have ducks in my life sooner. I can only simply say, they make me happy.

No worries - thank you for your reply! Here are the details of the study if it's acceptable to pass on to your users!

Dear members of Bird Forum,

I am contacting you because I would like to invite you to participate in an online study.

The study is focusing on how expertise effects visual comparison performance.

In the study, you will be asked to view images of artificial patterns and then answer some questions about the stimuli that you viewed. The participant who has the most accurate performance in the study will receive a $100 VISA giftcard.

The study is being run through The School of Psychology at the University of New South Wales and has been approved by the human research ethics approval panel (Ethics #3042).

We are seeking any and all participants who are willing to volunteer approximately 20-30 minutes of their time to complete an online questionnaire. People with and without expertise in visual comparison will be very gratefully accepted as participants. We have previously run a version of this study that we have modified based on feedback. If you have previously started the study but did not complete it, your participation in our new study would be more than welcome.

This study will be available for a limited time only and will not be available 7 September, 2018. So, if you have any interest at all in participating, please do so at your earliest convenience.

The study can be accessed via this link:https://unswpsy.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6GnjgIZ68E6HTjT

If you would like to I would also really appreciate it if you could please forward this email through your professional networks. The more people I can make aware of the study within the short timeframe, the better the quality of the data will be.

Please remember that your decision whether or not to participate is entirely voluntary and will not influence your relationship with UNSW in any way.

Thank you so much for your time.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about the study.

Best regards,
A/Prof. Kristy Martire and Bethany Growns.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back