• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CS5 Camera Raw (1 Viewer)

barmy2

I've just upgraded my version of Photoshop from CS3 to CS5.

Using CS3, the procedure I would use to process my photos was to copy my camera raw images from the card to disk, open all of the new images (max 100), select all images opened, save the selected images as jpeg in a different folder and than just scan the jpeg copies selecting the photos I wanted to work on. I found it easier and quicker to scan the jpeg photos outside of Photoshop.

With CS5 I haven't found a way to process the camer raw to jpeg in mass yet. Is there an easy to of mimicing my CS3 processing method?

1.Open Adobe Bridge CS5 on your computer

2.Click the “Folders” tab in the upper right corner, then click the folder containing the CR2 images you want to convert to JPEGs

3.Click the “Essentials” view tab in the upper right corner of the application window

4.Select the photos you want to convert. Use the "Shift" key to select multiple photos in a row or the "Control" key to select multiple nonconsecutive photos.

5.Click the “Open in Camera Raw” icon at the top of the page. The icon resembles a leaf shutter on a lens. Camera Raw is included in Adobe Bridge.

6.Click the “Save Images” button in the bottom left corner of the Camera Raw window

7.Click the tab next to Destination if you want to save your images in a different folder. If you want to save them in the same location, leave the destination as it is

8.Click the tab next to File Extension and select “.JPG.”

9.Click the “Save” button to convert your CR2 images to JPEG. Camera Raw displays the number of images remaining to convert in the bottom left corner of the application window. Make sure your photos have finished converting before you close the Camera Raw window

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back