• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7d m11 firmware (1 Viewer)

Have had it into Canon service centre three times and they keep saying they can find nothing wrong with it,I even had someone phone me up from the service centre and tell me that the back button issue is normal with the 7d2,that's when I finally gave up with them,it's done some miles by post I can tell you.

Bob

Have had it into Canon service centre three times and they keep saying they can find nothing wrong with it,I even had someone phone me up from the service centre and tell me that the back button issue is normal with the 7d2,that's when I finally gave up with them,it's done some miles by post I can tell you.

Bob
That person who said about the back button focusing issue must be a right Idiot Bob, Every single shot I have taken with the 7D2 has been with back button focusing. It has always worked perfectly and I often change the AF focus area mode on the fly as well. I have never heard of anyone else with that problem either. If I was you I would take some legal advice.
Best of luck anyway Bob, I hope you get it sorted because IMHO it is a far better Camera than the original 7D.

Roy
The back button focus issue is just with the AF/ON button,for some reason it will not shift out of Zone AF,the star button next to it changes right through all the AF points no problem as does the main shutter button,this was never an issue when the body was new and only started to happen when I had the camera in to Canon Singapore for the second time,BTW this even happens when you take Zone AF out of the menu choice so a definite fault.
I bought the Body in Singapore last December but anything you buy there only has what they call a local warranty which lasts for a year to me or you but eighteen month for locals,tried exchanging body at the shop where I purchased it but they were having none of it and just kept saying You Go Service Centre which I did twice.
On return to UK I sent it in to Canon again with a letter explaining all the issues and that is when I received the phone call about the back button so anyone who knows their Canon camera can tell straight away that there was a rabbit away so to speak.
Anyway thanks for advice Roy and I will let you know if I get it sorted.

Cheers

Bob

Roy
The back button focus issue is just with the AF/ON button,for some reason it will not shift out of Zone AF,the star button next to it changes right through all the AF points no problem as does the main shutter button,this was never an issue when the body was new and only started to happen when I had the camera in to Canon Singapore for the second time,BTW this even happens when you take Zone AF out of the menu choice so a definite fault.
I bought the Body in Singapore last December but anything you buy there only has what they call a local warranty which lasts for a year to me or you but eighteen month for locals,tried exchanging body at the shop where I purchased it but they were having none of it and just kept saying You Go Service Centre which I did twice.
On return to UK I sent it in to Canon again with a letter explaining all the issues and that is when I received the phone call about the back button so anyone who knows their Canon camera can tell straight away that there was a rabbit away so to speak.

Cheers

Bob
It is the AF/ON button that I always use Bob, never had a problem and as explained and I am cycling through all the AF options regularly. I just press the AF point selection button with my thumb and then toggle though all the options with the M-Fn button with my forefinger. I have been doing this will all my Cameras (inc the 7D2) for many years and never had a single problem.

Just had a thought Bob, why don't you send it in to some one like 'fixation' who are Canon approved repairers - I am fairly sure that they will look at and then give you a quote to repair so it is then up to you if you go ahead or not.
Best of luck Bob .

Roy

Cheers

Bob
It is the AF/ON button that I always use Bob, never had a problem and as explained and I am cycling through all the AF options regularly. I just press the AF point selection button with my thumb and then toggle though all the options via the M-Fn button with my forefinger. I have been doing this will all my Cameras (inc the 7D2) for many years and never had a single problem.

Just had a thought Bob, why don't you send it in to some one like 'fixation' who are Canon approved repairers - I am fairly sure that they will look at and then give you a quote to repair so it is then up to you if you go ahead or not.
Best of luck Bob .

It is the AF/ON button that I always use Bob, never had a problem and as explained and I am cycling through all the AF options regularly. I just press the AF point selection button with my thumb and then toggle though all the options via the M-Fn button with my forefinger. I have been doing this will all my Cameras (inc the 7D2) for many years and never had a single problem.

Best of luck Bob .

Thanks again Roy I will look into that.

Cheers

Bob

Roy

Cheers

Bob
Hi Bob,

Under custom Controls if you select the AFon button, select AF, press Info you can set the AF selection mode. If you have AF Zone set than you will not be able to change it. You need the - symbol selected.

Sorry if you have tried this already.

Hi Bob,

Under custom Controls if you select the AFon button, select AF, press Info you can set the AF selection mode. If you have AF Zone set than you will not be able to change it. You need the - symbol selected.

Sorry if you have tried this already.

Dave
Sounds promising I will give it a try tomorrow as camera is packed away at the moment but no I don't think I have tried this out.
You may have solved one my problems.
I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Bob

Dave
Yeah that has sorted it,just had a look first thing.
A menu within a menu and looking through its functions a very handy menu to use,can't see how I missed it the amount of times I have scrolled through them all trying to solve the issue.

Many Thanks

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back