• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with 2 IDs,North Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

DOC REED

Can anyone confirm that 1st bird is a Woodlark,??.Taken on lowland heath near York today.I'm fairly sure it is but would be first one I've seen in UK ,nevermind Yorkshire !If so ,check those claws out!!!

2nd bird is pics 2 and 3;same habitat,sparsely wooded lowland heath.Terrible pictures,raining buckets.This 'seep' call repetitively.Did not get front view.Any ideas?For what its worth ,I wondered about Tree Pipit???

Thanks for ANY help !!

Paul

Attachments

• woodlarkweb.jpg
    woodlarkweb.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 104
  • tpweb.jpg
    tpweb.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 96
You have a woodlark, and the other is a definate bird.

Seep sounds like Meadow rather than Tree, if you saw enough to know it was a pipit

I'll just go for the woodlark, as Jane says, number two IS a bird, but which one, we'll never know.

Thanks for woodlark .....didn't really expect much else for other one , although sometimes on this forum IDs are made against all the odds.Will go back on a sunny ,calm day and see if I can sort out if Tree pipits are present.Thanks again

Cheers

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back