• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some Mexico birds for ID (1 Viewer)

Peacefrog2

Very nice images.
1 and 2 are Carolina Wrens
The Hummingbird looks like a female Broad-tailed to me. I didn't think it was Rufous because I don't see any rufous edging to the uppertail coverts and I don't think it is a Bumblebee Hummingbird because the bill looks too long.
As for the Empid, I can't say for sure from that photo. I keep thinking that it might be an Acadian because the eye ring does not look tear-drop shaped but I don't know.

Thanks for responding Patrick. My thought was Carolina Wren for the first two. The second one even sang the Carolina Wren song but the person I was with had doubts about this ID.

Broad-tailed was also my thought for the hummer (it seems to be a good match with the drawings in the Sibley guide). It was much too large for Bumblebee.

On the flycatcher I am thinking Cordilleran.

Thanks again,

Greg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back