• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

goyt valley nr buxton (1 Viewer)

Another walk in the valley today similar birds to Thursday but managed to see a flyover cuckoo ,my first of the year also 4 stonechats

Another walk in valley today managed a record shot of a cuckoo at about 200yrds and closer one of a stonechat on berry clough , also seen pied flys spotted flys common sands tree pippets redstarts kestrals buzzards ,still no wood warbler

Attachments

• cuckoo 2016.JPG
    cuckoo 2016.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 86
  • stonechat 2016.JPG
    stonechat 2016.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 76
Very hot in the valley yesterday birds , not so obvious did see a spotted flycatcher and a stonechat on the plus side there was loads of meadow brown butterfly's and a fleeting glimpse of a common lizard

Top of Macclesfield Rd Whaley bridge saw a ruby tailed wasp yesterday small wasp not sure how rare they are. But I have never seen one before and would not of known what it was if I had not seen one on the internet that had been seen at minsmere

Amazing weather this morning for a out tour! Good set of migrants but amazingly we only heard a single pied flycatcher. This is the first time in my memory that haven't seen/heard multiple pied fly's. Tree pipits and redstarts showing well though. At least 4 cuckoo heard.

Phil

Jack Snipe showing really well in the overflow sluice of Fernilee Reservoir this afternoon
Also an as yet unidentifiable wader

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back