• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from North Idaho (1 Viewer)

Idaho

Wow -- what a great resource! Wish I'd have found it long ago.

I'm not a real bird watcher or anything like that. I enjoy feeding & watching the birds in my yard, and I've tried to create a bird friendly yard. Which isn't a particularly easy thing to do where I live due to neighborhood cats (I love cats, too, but mine are indoors only).

I have several books I use to try to identify the birds who visit my yard. Sometimes, I'm successful and sometimes I'm not :)

I don't get many exciting birds, but I enjoy even the common ones. The *most* exciting to me birds I've spotted here would be a lazuli bunting in Spring, 2007 and a breeding male western tanager several weeks back. I get a flock of evening grosbeaks that pass through in the spring & fall for 24-48 hours, and I see Northern flickers occassionally. For the past two years, I've had redwing blackbirds, which I never had before.

The neighbors directly behind me have a cherry tree at the back of their lot, which is popular with the birds this time of year :)

For the first time, I have a crow family that's been visiting, which I was excited about until today. They attacked & injured a baby robin, which I took to a licensed rehab facility (nearby vet med school) this afternoon. Wanting to learn more about the baby's injuries after dropping off at the facility is how I found this forum (I posted those questions in the Birds & Birding section -- hope that was the right place).

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back