• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tortoises from Africa (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Just going through some old pics and dug these out which i never identified.

Spitzkoppe is in Namibia.

I'll throw in a Frog / Toad too for good measure.

Thanks for any help.

Andy

Attachments

• Choma, Zambia.JPG
    Choma, Zambia.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Spitzkoppe.JPG
    Spitzkoppe.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Kamanjab, Namibia.jpg
    Kamanjab, Namibia.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 36
The little frog is a Marbled Rubber Frog (Phrynomantis annectens)

I'm not to clued up on tortoises but the second tortoise in the dry grass looks like an Angulate Tortoise (Chersina angulata) although Spitzkoppe is a bit out of their range.

The first Tortoise with the green grass has me stumped are you sure its from Spitzkoppe?

I'll post the pics on the SAreptiles page and see what the experts think.
If that's ok with you?

Hang on a minute, I thought the location would display in the pics, it clearly doesn't.

1 Is in Choma, Zambia
2 Is at Spitkoppe.

Would appreciate you posting them.

Cheers Kev, Andy

the left tortoise (yellow brown) is a Speke's Hingeback Tortoise, Kinixys spekii GRAY, 1863
the 2nd one seems to be a Chersina

Mario

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back