• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

LEICA NOCTIVID Production Date and Serial Number (1 Viewer)

Apochromat

ZEISS VICTORY SF 8x42 SWAROVSKI EL 8.5x42 WB NL Pu
Dear All,
is there a clear nomenclature/ logic to see when a LEICA NOCTIVID was made from its serial number as is easily possible with any newer SWAROWSKI bin? Some NOCTIVID serial numbers I looked at start with the letter P (does this refer to Portugal?), others with numbers only.
Thanks for any input
Michael

Last edited:
Michael,

If it's of any help, my NV 10x42's sn is 02141741 and the manufacture date was 29/03/2017.

I've always assumed that the 'P' prefix meant prototype.

Hi Andy,

There's a date on the box - same with my 7x42 UVHD+. I take that to be the date they were packaged up at least, though obviously not necessarily the actual completion of manufacture date.

M.

Mike, thanks for the response... it might as well be Nikon, seems like I can get affirmative serial No. info from Zeiss and Swaro only.

Andy W.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back