• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera trap delights (1 Viewer)

Last night's captures (as well as a bunch of cats).

Attachments

• WGI_0010_4353.1..jpg
    WGI_0010_4353.1..jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 59
  • WGI_0011_4342.1,.jpg
    WGI_0011_4342.1,.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 49
Here are a couple from a few days ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0002_4256.1..jpg
    IMG_0002_4256.1..jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 39
  • WGI_0002_4249.1..jpg
    WGI_0002_4249.1..jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 35
Some Canadian wintry fun

Wow. Directed to this thread by my Dad (jabberwocky), and so glad. Just perused the whole thing, and now that I've got off my bottom and stuck my trailcam out again, I thought I'd share my two successes thus far.

We purchased our cam back in December, and were lucky enough to spot evidence of a Beaver stocking up for winter as the lake nearby started to freeze. Managed to catch him/her from several different angles - definitely earns the 'busy beaver' award!
Link to youtube 'channel'. The most recent videos are all trailcam:
https://www.youtube.com/user/thejasperpatch/videos

And then, while trawling through 30 similar videos of said beaver dragging trees by the camera, along came this energetic little fellow. I've not seen least weasels in the flesh, so very excited to know they are about, and I've since spotted footprints too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTioiw-OI48

I'm still learning, getting the height right on the camera is my biggest challenge currently. On at least one occassion I've put it too high, and despite the fox tracks nearby the camera has clearly looked straight over it's head! With perseverance I should be able to capture fox, raccoons, white-tailed deer. It's a surprise every time!

I recently set up my camera trap on a waterhole in the national park that I work in. We had a number of visitors come down but I was very happy to finally get a leopard in the daytime.

Visitors to waterhole

I was also told about a giraffe that had been found dead in the road so I set my camera trap up on that last week. It was great to capture this lioness and even better to see that it looks like she has cubs at the moment.

Lioness on giraffe carcass

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back