• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Discount tour: SE Costa Rica March (1 Viewer)

I am looking for birders to join me for a 1 or two week tour in SE Costa Rica with Kondor Ecotours probably March 17-31 (or in that range for a single week). They are opening a new lodge and offering a 2 for 1 deals which comes to about $us 1000/week, which for a birding tour is a steal, but we need a group of 6 to pull this off. Price includes lodging, meals, transportation and guides. Solo travelers/couples/friends welcome - but you'll have to share a room with one other person. My travel companion and I are healthy, happy, fit and fun mid fiftyish ladies who are passionate about birding. Age/gender unimportant - just a desire to have a great time birding and moderate fitness important. Reply to this if you're interested and I can send more details.

Just wanted to update on this, years later, that this was the best thing I've done in my life! Our group of me and 3 couples, recruited through birding/naturalist clubs from across Canada, did a 2 week tour which ended barely before all hell broke loose with Coviid. We all made it back home, but by the skin on our teeth, and brought home with us new friendships, incredible memories and a very well-fortified life list of some very cool species. One of us, who shall remain nameless, even got a photo of a lovely cotinga in the distance, which he only shared with us in the evening when he asked Gabor, our host and guide, 'What could this be?' (we all resisted our urge to strangle the Nameless One: He really is a nice guy and normally did not withhold info on the most coveted birds in CR). The couple who run Kondor Ecolodge/Ecotours were amazing and although I do like and prefer birding independently as I am generally on a budget, I do also know that I will travel with them again as it was SO worth it!
Christine

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back