• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

binocular with digital cameras (1 Viewer)

Raj

Hi ,

I was thinking of buying a binocular with digital camera so that i could take a snap of the birds .

Have anyone got any comments about the quality of them ? Are they worth buying ? ( normally when you have instruments/devices coupled for multi fuctions none of them work very well).

Thanks
Raj

Thirded :t:

We've tried a couple of pairs and found them wanting. The binocular section is sometimes reasonable but the camera section is normally a separate unit - fixed aperture and not connected through the binoculars.

They're okay for photos of a large bird like a Swan from 20' and for say flocks of Geese flying past or a scenic view - but are no good at all for picking out one small bird.

Raj,I should test before you buy.!!!When you take into account the price of a decent pair of bins,and then a decent cam,the digicam is lacking.Also as one has to hold a cam steady,trying to hold the bins/cam in the air and then take a photo will surely not be the best stability .Think twice,and at least try and test the set up .

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back