• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Look who visited in the rain..... (1 Viewer)

Wendy Morris

Afternoon all,

OH called me into the kitchen earlier this morning to point out that we had two pheasants on the front lawn. Charged with not disturbing them until I got back, I rushed upstairs to get the camera. At first I could only see the cock, but eventually the hen came out from under the bushes by the kitchen window. He pottered off across the road, she followed and then they sauntered off to another garden.

Photos not the best as it was raining and they were, of necessity, taken through the window.

Attachments

• P 1.jpg
    P 1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 48
  • P3.jpg
    P3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 46
  • HP1.jpg
    HP1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 42
  • PHP 1.jpg
    PHP 1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 39
  • PHP 2.jpg
    PHP 2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 44
Lucky you. They certainly look like they're checking every house out for a bite to eat.

Hi Wendy.
Some lovely pics there. I just love the 'superior' look on the face of the cock bird in pic 2. I hope the rain's cleared away for you.

All the best.
Baz.

Two nice visitors Lyn and lovely photos:clap: Good job your OH listened to 'She who must be obeyed;) ' or else you wouldn't have been able to share your visitors with us all!:-O

Wow! What a treat Wendy.
I bet that brightened up your day.
The pics are fab considering you took them through a window, well done.
Thanks Wendy

Well done Wendy, those are some really good shots. It's so lovely to see them, that cock would make a good caption! You're certainly getting on well with that camera, good for you.

Sue.

Hi Wendy,

What posh visitors. The cocks look so regal in their colourful uniform. The hen looks as if she is stamping her feet because the chauffeur is late getting the limousine out of the garage. Pics give us good views, taken through the window or not.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back