• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Coolpix 5000 (1 Viewer)

Fab

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the site, and came here because I saw a digiscope pic from Andy at another site and fell in love with the idea. I don't have a scope nor the slighest idea about them, but the idea is fascinating.
My Coolpix's lens moves out when the camera is turned on so I would like to know if it's viable for digiscoping and what kind of equipment (not too expensive) would be necessary.
I thank you in advance for any info,
Fab:bounce:

I am not capable of answering your question. I am just amazed that you have taken such quality close up shots without the aid of a scope. How on earth have you done it?

Fab-
first of all you need the Nikon adapter for additional lenses the UR-E6, I believe. This is like a tube that surrounds the lens after it extends, and it also provides the 28mm thread that so many of the digiscoping adapters provide. Then you'll need anadapter that screws onto that and attaches to the scope. I made mine myself. Then, of course, youll need a scope !

Thank you for your reply, will look into a scope first. I currently use a 170-500mm telephoto zoom, but a lot of my pics were taken with a 75-300. Birds in the Everglades are very placid, not too scared if you don't make a lot of noise and there's lots of them, not only in the National Park ponds, but along the roads, you drive around and stop the car when you see them. They don't care about you. You can also get good alligator shots that way.

;)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back