• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Accommodation for visiting the Everglades (1 Viewer)

gandytron

Hey all,

My wife and I and her parents are planning to visit the everglades in a couple of weeks time. Can anybody recommend comfortable, reasonably priced hotel/guesthouse/self-catering options that we should consider?

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

The only accommodation in the Everglades NP is in Flamingo, not sure of the quality or whether it is open all year round. We stayed at the Travelodge in Florida City and drove in from there (not far).

Cheers,

Mark

Dave,

The only accommodation in the Everglades NP is in Flamingo, not sure of the quality or whether it is open all year round. We stayed at the Travelodge in Florida City and drove in from there (not far).

Cheers,

Mark

MAy be worth checking this out, some years ago I stayed at Flamingo Lodge. Ok but nothing special. I was under the impression, though, that it had now closed in terms of accommodation and there was nothing in the park. I may well be wrong though.

Regards

Phil

The are no functioning lodges currently within the park. The lodge at Flamingo was destroyed during Hurricane Wilma in 2005 and has yet to be rebuilt.

Judging by the people I guide for birding at the park, most seem to stay in Florida City or Homestead. There is a strip of hotels right along US1/S Dixie Hwy.

Carlos

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back