• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

British List and the BOU website (1 Viewer)

Colin

Axeman (Retired)
England
Is it me or is the BOU website in a mess. When I tried to get a new British List, the link takes me to a Wiley Interscience page which appears to be the same page whether I want an apparent free to view British List or the latest BOURC report or almost anything else. If I choose the British List from the side menu then I do get another page before the Wiley page comes up and then I can apparently get anything that I have clicked on if I register and cough up 30 dollars (well $29.95).

Now when I want more details on the Hooded Merganser addition to the British List, I was going to have to pay $29.95 a few minutes ago but now when I click this link I get lots of details about 'Applications of stable isotope analyses to avian ecology' for free. I only wanted to look at the current British List but it appears to be too difficult.

If anyone else is having similar troubles, and therefore it is not at my end, I will email them.

I have just got the british list as an excel file but...... no hooded merganser in it. I think BOU have cottoned on to the fund raising potential of their pages.

Thanks for the reply Keith. Yes, today I got the British List but most of the other links don't go where they should. The 'more details' on the Hooded Merganser goes to the isotope paper I mentioned earlier. Yes, they may want to make money but at least the links should work properly.

Thanks Steve. The British List from the side headings on the BOU website appeared to work everytime but the links from the list on the right and down the centre were certainly going awry over the last two days when I was looking through it. I have just tried again and all is working correctly. They must have had a glitch. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back