• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello....snowing at my house!!! (1 Viewer)

crazybirdlady

always waiting and watching
Hello all!!! I am new here and I am stuck in the house today!!! I have been at the window all morning watching the birds invade my feeders!!! I found this site while looking for others who might be doing the same!!! Have a great day!!! I look forward to talking with you!!!
-------
crazybirdlady

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi crazy

welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing you about the site. Out of interest where is Pa ? Philadelphia? , Pensylvannia ? Pasadena ?

crazybirdlady said:
Hello all!!! I am new here and I am stuck in the house today!!! I have been at the window all morning watching the birds invade my feeders!!! I found this site while looking for others who might be doing the same!!! Have a great day!!! I look forward to talking with you!!!
-------
crazybirdlady

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I'm doing pretty much the same thing today. It's not snowing too heavily but just enough to keep the birds around steadily. Perfect for a PFW count day. Hope you enjoy your time here but be careful... this place is very addictive! ;)

crazybirdlady said:
-------
crazybirdlady
I live in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania Sorry!!! Thanks for all the advice...addicted!!!! TOO late!!!! Have a great day!!! At one point today I had over 40 birds at the feeder!!!! As close as I could count!!! Do you know how hard it is to count HUNGRY birds!!??? Lots of Sparrows,Chickadees,Doves and my 3 faithful wood peckers!!! I get a Cardinal now and then but not everyday :h?: and blue jays the same way!!??? OH WELL I will look at them when they do show up!!! Talk to you all later!!
---------crazy!!!

pduxon said:
Hi crazy

welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing you about the site. Out of interest where is Pa ? Philadelphia? , Pensylvannia ? Pasadena ?

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania!!! Sorry... !!!

Hi Crazybirdlady,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators, welcome to Bird Forum :t:

Looking forwward to reading your posts. I closed your tags for you ;)

crazybirdlady said:
I live in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania Sorry!!! Thanks for all the advice...addicted!!!! TOO late!!!! Have a great day!!! At one point today I had over 40 birds at the feeder!!!! As close as I could count!!! Do you know how hard it is to count HUNGRY birds!!??? Lots of Sparrows,Chickadees,Doves and my 3 faithful wood peckers!!! I get a Cardinal now and then but not everyday :h?: and blue jays the same way!!??? OH WELL I will look at them when they do show up!!! Talk to you all later!!
---------crazy!!!

40 at one time? In my dreams !!

pduxon said:
40 at one time? In my dreams !!

You should see it here too, Pete. I get 40 at a time daily... and that's just the pine grosbeaks! Add in at any one time the 25 chickadees, dozen gray jays, 6 woodpeckers, 1 evening grosbeak, dozen common redpolls and pair of red breasted nuthatches.... you never know which way to look and everywhere you look, you see something different!

Crazylady and Tammie: Look out -- I'm coming over to watch your feeders!! Sounds like such fun!

'Course, I'm down to just a suet feeder at present, but once the snow melts away from the front of the shed where I store my feed, it's back to a full buffet . . .

At least my little Downy girl is still faithful -- she checks out things several times a day.

CBL: Where is Shippensburg? I should know, but I don't . . . I love Pennsylvania and have visited many times, with family members (now gone, unfortunately) in Bethlehem . . . Pennsy is sooooo beautiful!

Hi Crazybirdlady, we are all crazy here so you are in good company. I'm sitting at my 'puter with the blind down cos it's to hot with the sun beaming in, don't want any snow either. Welcome to the Forum from Australia

Nancy said:
Hi Crazybirdlady, we are all crazy here so you are in good company. I'm sitting at my 'puter with the blind down cos it's to hot with the sun beaming in, don't want any snow either. Welcome to the Forum from Australia

WWWAAAHHHHH! I think it's time for a vacation! Did you guys hear that?! 'HOT' sunshine!! OMG! I haven't felt that in over 5 months!! I thought we were doing okay for a while... it zoomed up to 0C, -5C.... but now this morning, we're back down to -23C and it's super windy. I need a holiday!!!
Hmmmm, I'd miss my pine grosbeaks and special little partial albino redpoll tho'...

Notice the pink legs on this one! :)

Attachments

• Leucistic & Regular Redpoll,Jan31'04 (2).jpg
    Leucistic & Regular Redpoll,Jan31'04 (2).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 132
Tammie said:
WWWAAAHHHHH! I think it's time for a vacation! Did you guys hear that?! 'HOT' sunshine!! OMG! I haven't felt that in over 5 months!! I thought we were doing okay for a while... it zoomed up to 0C, -5C.... but now this morning, we're back down to -23C and it's super windy. I need a holiday!!!
Hmmmm, I'd miss my pine grosbeaks and special little partial albino redpoll tho'...

ah would love to see that, don't think I could take the cold. Its about 15c today lovely sunshine

Last edited:
Tammie said:

WOW,,,sun and anything above freezing would be nice!!!!I would start packing !! how about you Tammie?? but who would feed our birds???? Maybe I'll just wait for spring!!! That little guy is soooooo cute!!! Sorry you have to keep the blind down Nancy!!!

crazybirdlady said:
WOW,,,sun and anything above freezing would be nice!!!!I would start packing !! how about you Tammie?? but who would feed our birds???? Maybe I'll just wait for spring!!! That little guy is soooooo cute!!! Sorry you have to keep the blind down Nancy!!!

Hey Crazy,
That's always the big question... who will feed my birds? I can usually leave enough seed out that they are good for about a week, maybe a bit less. Otherwise, my mother-in-law fills my feeders for me every few days. That's always handy! Unfortunately, the birds lose out on the platform feeders if I go away because you can't fill them ahead of time. I refill them 4 or 5 times a day for the grosbeaks, especially in this weather. If I'm away, they are down to just the regular feeders.
By the way, I have that same book you mentioned in the other thread and yes, it certainly is handy!

Hi,Crazybirdlady,would you like to change your snow for some rain!!.People are using rowing boats at the top end of our village as the roads are completely flooded.I would love to see some snow.There was a sprinkling on the hills last week but that was it.Welcome to BF.It is good to hear from our friends across the oceans as it were,especially as we do exchange birds now and again(Migration).
To everyone in Aussie,you may be basking in the sunshine now,but our turn is yet to come!!
Christine

crazybirdlady said:
-------
crazybirdlady
HI crazybirdlady,
Welcome! I am new here myself,and everyone here seems so nice. I have been busy watcing my birds too. I have very busy feeders and I am also used to 40 and upwards on a daily basis, especially before a storm. I am just getting to navigate my way around in here. This seems like a great forum! and so much to see. Nice to meet you.
jordan

Hi Jordan and welcom to you too!
I just LOVE your avatar! You'll quickly learn that I'm almost desperate to see a real live cardinal ...I don't get them here. :( It's pathetic, really, my desperation! I'm sure a couple of people on here could tell you about it!
Hope you enjoy your time here. Don't get hooked.... or is it already too late?! ;)

Hi Tammie amd all the others living in sub-zero temperatures. I don't think I could exist in that sort of climate. Every time you go out of the house you would have to put coat, boots, gloves, hat and God Knows what else on. When I was a child we had a bit of snow sometimes in Ireland but it only lasted a week or so and when we go to our 'Alpine Resorts' here in Australia the temp is seldom lower -5 during the day. Do you get chillblains???
I was a bit hot today with the temp at 38%C but I'd rather that than spend 4 or 5 months surrounded by snow. It might be fun for a couple of weeks but more than that would drive me nuts. I'm glad you have your lovely birds to watch (presumably through your windows) and I'm sure they are very grateful for the food supply. What would they live on if people were not feeding them?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back