• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

advice needed please (1 Viewer)

J Jones 78

Hello,

I am looking for some advice i have recently moved into our house and have now noticed that we have blackbirds nesting in our chimney, I know it illegal to remove the nest but am i able to put cowling on the chimney once the birds have left the nest?if so what month would be okay to do this I am concerned that if left unchecked could cause health issues for my kids in the future.
thank you in advance

Hi J Jones and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

You can put the cowling on as soon as the birds have fledged (they're likely to be Jackdaws I think.

They won't be a health risk to your family, but one of the youngsters could fall down the chimney and bring a shower of soot with it, which could make a bit of a mess in the room.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back