• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica 10x42 geovid HD-B 3000 (1 Viewer)

nwphil

They still are of outstanding quality and among the very best rf binoculars available, but is it worth to sacrifice a bit of quality to have an extra feature?

from reviews I read, Noctivids are consider superior, but ofcourse, don't range :)
OTOH, it can/might be useful to have an RF on hand sometimes, even if is not for huting/shooting purposes.
So, does anyone has one being used mostly for viewing purposes?
Would like to hear your experience with them, if you havor ever used this model.
Thanks
Phillip

They still are of outstanding quality and among the very best rf binoculars available, but is it worth to sacrifice a bit of quality to have an extra feature?

from reviews I read, Noctivids are consider superior, but ofcourse, don't range :)
OTOH, it can/might be useful to have an RF on hand sometimes, even if is not for hunting/shooting purposes.
So, does anyone has one being used mostly for viewing purposes?
Would like to hear your experience with them, if you ever used this model.
Thanks
Phillip

well, no takers, which is not a surprise after all, as these are RF, meaning a specialized bino, not so much geared for birder,
Anyway, as RF they will, indeed perform pretty good - for instance, have no problems taking reading around 2,300 yards on pine trees.
But as far as binocular, I was quite disappointed. Clarity, color a,d blur (background separation) is (slightly under) par with a Zeiss Victory HT 10x42, but the copy I have was showing a small amount of purple fringing. Was only able to compare them to a previous model - the 2400's, and this last one did not show any chromatic aberrations on dark edges. I can only conclude that either I had a defective/flawed copy, or this leica rf model (bt3000) is not as a binocular nor at same level as swarovsky or zeiss - based on my experience with ultravids, I think the first explanation is the most likely.
So this concludes my questioning...B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back