• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help... (1 Viewer)

KMN

Hello,
My name is Kurt and I’m new to the group. I live in a area called Rice Hill along Interstate 5 in southern Oregon. It’s time to lighten the load and to give someone else a chance to use these fine binoculars. I own two pairs of Swift and one pair of Zeiss. The pair of Swift’s were purchased by me aprox. 15 yrs ago or so from a family living in Gresham Or. As the story went as I remember a family member owned a optical shop in the NW part of the US. Possibly New Hampshire
? that passed. Family went back gathered his gear and brought out to Oregon to sell.
First Swift is a Miyauchi Model Bs-60i. Serial #0096 Japan. 15x60 at 3.3 degrees
In brown screen print on eight barrel. Individual eye focus , extendable objective
barrel ends with screw in Aluminum caps. Comes with removable top handle,case,and generic instruction manual. This model may have come with top mounted spotting scope that I never got. Super clear. 1/4 20 bottom tripod
Mount and I believe a type of tripod mount on both sides of barrels. Binoculars are pristine. There are a few tiny scratches on base of bottom tripod mount.

Second pair of Swift are Storm King Mark 2. Model 717. 7x50 , 383ft. at 1000yds. No.1-852935.Japan. Immersion Tested , Fog Proof, and Fully Coated. Individual eye focus. These
binoculars are not light weight but boy do they capture the low light. Comes with
Original I believe leather case and caps. Much original Odor when first opening case. No original straps.

Last , a pair of Zeiss 10x30 B MC made in Hungary. As I remember roof prisms. Comes with caps and original case. I bought these about ten years ago and used them just slightly so they also are pristine.

Can anyone shed so light my way as to the fair value of this gear.

Thanks in advance !
503-680-6910 for text.
Kurt

Hi KMN and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum.

I've moved your thread to the Binocular section and have subscribed you to the thread so that you will get emails anytime someone posts on your thread.

Hi Kurt,

first of all, welcome to birdforum!

The Miyauchis are certainly the most interesting pair - especially so if they they are angled as these are usually used for astro and 45 or 90 degrees are perfect for looking up. I looked them up on ebay (past sales worldwide and found 3 from 300-500€). If you list them on astromart, you might get a bit more but you have to pay an entry fee iirc.

The Swift model 717 are typical 7x50 marine bins, ebay says two sold for 60 or 70€.

The Zeiss 10x30 B MC made in Hungary are probably the Diafun entry level model - not bad per se but the field of view is kinda narrow... They are not very well regard due to this...
The 10x30 model is nowhere to be found on ebay, the two 8x30 pairs went for 60 and 150€.

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back