• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tips for house-buyers (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

I was going to keep this for a 'caption' some time but I just couldn't resist posting it (I'm NOT setting up in competetion, honestly). By the way, the 'background' has now been dead-headed!

The thread title? well.... 'Always look for a nicely decorated bathroom'

Bill.

Attachments

• DS blackbird m after bath 100607 1.jpg
    DS blackbird m after bath 100607 1.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 58
What a beautiful background Bill!
A delightful summer Rose....(is it?)....and I bet he didn't appreciate the smell!! lol!!:-O
Best wishes,

I don't think he likes being watched Bill.

Looks a nicely decorated and fragrant bathroom, mine have to make do with a paint roller tray on the path! They don't seem to mind though.

Hi folks,

Pleased that you liked that, I liked the cheesed-off look on the Blackbird's face; I wondered whether it might be the same one that got pushed out by the young Starling a few weeks back.

Yes, the flower is a Paeony, the first flowers going over a bit now, hence the dead-heading.

Bill.

Hi Bill
Ooo! I say, now that is a posh Dez Rez (& a tad girly Mr Blackbird) ;)

Gosh Bill, you manage to catch some great poses.
I bet your archive keeps you entertained. Maybe you should start a new theme. How about; "On this day in ???? & include some details from the event.

For example; the story about "dipping" when you took D for lunch.
It could be a monthly diary of your Birding forays.

Sorry to ramble on, but you have such an interesting Birding history that would be fun to share.

Great pic Bill

Hi Pie,

Thank you and would that I could. I'm afraid that my 'archives' just aren't good enough. Until I went digital a few years back all my stuff is on slides and try as I might I really can't reproduce them as I'd like without either buying a dedicated slide scanner or getting them processed professionally; both of those cost MONEY and to be honest it's just not worth the outlay.

Also for quite a long time (including the 'outing' that you mention) I didn't have the lenses to get anything except close-to birds and, Gulls apart, they were pretty few and far between. So yes I have photos (of a kind) of a lot of different species but an awful lot of them I wouldn't make public. There are still quite a few 'reasonable' ones but they wouldn't fit easily with what you suggest and to be honest other people on the Board are showing better shots of a lot of 'my' birds now.

What I might do one day is start to 'improve' them slightly (no NOT photoshop) and post a few of them and where I took them. But don't hold your breath (chuckle).

On the other hand I might well write about a few more 'adventures', even without photos.

Bill.

A bit gaudy for a bathroom Bill.You'd have to watch your back etc.if they were roses.I have the same frustrations about slides.If I offer them to anyone ,they immediately say"oh,can you do a slide show for us?"I don't think they appreciate what it takes to compile such a show.I have to be very careful how I answer in the negative.

frustrated old style photographer. maurice

Hi Bill,
I understand about the pics but I think writing more adventures would be perfect. You always manage to produce fascinating reports that don't really need pics (wish I could do that)
Looking forward to reading them when you get the time Bill.

I don't know how you do it Bill. What do you feed your birds on to get those expressions, he looks proper fed up!

Some folk would pay alot of money for wallpaper like that you know!!! LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back