• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sanderling with Bling on Fuerteventura (1 Viewer)

KenM

Remiss of me placed this in the wrong thread last week, shot on Fuerteventura 26/12/19 at Caleta de Fuste.

Don't know if there's enough detail on these shots for any meaningful description?

Cheers

Attachments

• P2110513.jpeg     Sand with rings 2..jpeg
    P2110513.jpeg Sand with rings 2..jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 122
  • P2110680.jpeg       Sanderling with Bling 1..jpeg
    P2110680.jpeg Sanderling with Bling 1..jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 40
Did you contact the project I suggested when you posted on the other thread Ken?

If you go on to the cr-b link and scroll down there’s an exact email contact for birds that have the combination of 4 c-rings (2 on each leg) and a flag above the knee (the exact colours or leg aren’t necessary because you could just email the image.)

You could try AnimalTrack Ken

https://animaltrack.org/

http://www.cr-birding.org/taxonomy/term/2505

crbirding says ‘all Sanderling flagged in Africa and Europe belong to ‘this project’

I think its a
yellow flag above left knee
white over dark blue below left knee
green over yellow below right knee?

I could have the right and left legs the wrong way round - its hard to make out which is the closest leg to the camera!

Don't know if there's enough detail on these shots for any meaningful description?

Better than trying to describe what you think you can see on the photos would be to email the original photos (maximum resolution) to the project managers. It'll be much easier for them to figure out what you have there, as they're familiar with all the colours and colour combinations. If you don't have field notes (anything that could add to the photos info), then making the photos available to them is the best way to avoid interpretation errors.

Did you contact the project I suggested when you posted on the other thread Ken?

If you go on to the cr-b link and scroll down there’s an exact email contact for birds that have the combination of 4 c-rings (2 on each leg) and a flag above the knee (the exact colours or leg aren’t necessary because you could just email the image.)

Thanks Deb will do.

Better than trying to describe what you think you can see on the photos would be to email the original photos (maximum resolution) to the project managers. It'll be much easier for them to figure out what you have there, as they're familiar with all the colours and colour combinations. If you don't have field notes (anything that could add to the photos info), then making the photos available to them is the best way to avoid interpretation errors.

Cheers Rafael

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back