• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

x32 SF (1 Viewer)

NDhunter:

Shanghai is a no go. Repeat. no go. Redirect operation x32 to Beijing.

Stetson carry not advised.

over and out

Surely this is just the routine cat and mouse game common especially in the tech industry. Any global industry has global leak paths as well.
For example, it is essentially impossible for a new phone or chip to be launched without prior leaks. If the optics sector expects different, it simply confirms that it is out of touch with the real world.

Lamentable, if leaked by someone who pledged an oath of allegiance to the Zeiss corporation.

--AP

I agree with you on this point.
If there is any confidentiality to the info, and Zeiss made it clear when communicating it to another person and the other person agreed to this thus is under contractual liability to keep it a secret, he should keep it a secert.
If he failed to do this, it is commercial law to amend it.

NOT ROOTLESS ACCUSES AIMING AT AN OUTSIDER WHO GETS THE INFO FROM PUBLIC DOMAIN!

Lamentable, if leaked by someone who pledged an oath of allegiance to the Zeiss corporation.

--AP

i do not condone the leak.

Has anyone here ever given a talk far away from their own home town? Perhaps even in another country?
You hand someone a USB stick with your keynote on it, and then walk to a podium, and start talking, flipping slides with a remote. I have done that numerous times, and on some occasions where I felt the material should 'disappear', have gone over to the media person afterwards, and watched while they deleted my file in front of me. However, they could have easily already taken screen shots, or copied my file before my talk ended. I would have no way of knowing.

My point is that the person who did this, may have not even signed such an agreement, but was merely a tech support individual, hired by the venue. And they might even be a binogeek, who knows. It already happened. End of story.

Last edited:
Mission Brief 2.0: finish building that dang wall and make Zeiss great again ! 8-P

Chosun :gh:

Chosun, my haptic affinity woop woop penpal... (monarch HG)

Your wisdom is heard from down under all the way to the left coast...

Optics will rise again...

(over and out)

Last edited:
i do not condone the leak.
My point is that the person who did this, may have not even signed such an agreement, but was merely a tech support individual, hired by the venue. And they might even be a binogeek, who knows. It already happened. End of story.
An agreement may not take written form, if can be concluded orally, even by implications. So you can also bring the tech support under obligation if proper measures is taken.
So if you decide to communicate confidential info, make clear it's confidential to all who will be privy to it, the rest is not in your control.
However you are always free to choose whether giving money to the lawyers and start a litigation when the leak does happen.

Last edited:
It is strange that the post from MAK disappeared from this thread and now images have gone (post #22).

What else are we not seeing on BF and why ?

Hello Guys,

163 posts already discussing about a new to be introduced binocular. I am sure that the Zeiss marketing division is not exactly unhappy about this leak. Last time they have been criticized after they had presented the 42mm SF models well in advance. This time, somebody else 'leaked' the same information. In camera business it works like that since decades: Rumors!. As long as people are talking about the product, there is no need to invest into expensive promotion.

Cheers,
Holger

Hello Guys,

163 posts already discussing about a new to be introduced binocular. I am sure that the Zeiss marketing division is not exactly unhappy about this leak. Last time they have been criticized after they had presented the 42mm SF models well in advance. This time, somebody else 'leaked' the same information. In camera business it works like that since decades: Rumors!. As long as people are talking about the product, there is no need to invest into expensive promotion.

Cheers,
Holger

Agree; we've probably all fallen into Zeiss's tender trap and saved them a whole lot of money!

RB

Exactly. Whether Zeiss planned for the big bang anouncment at IWA with secrecy before, or whether leaking was a deliberate part of their strategy, in any case its just about a marketing strategy for a new product. Discussing the morality of leaking in this context is slightly ridiculous.

Possibly the cancelling of the IWA fair may be a bigger headache for Zeiss' markting department than this discussion on birdform. :-O

I guess they'll launch the new SF anyway next week and there will be more food for more meaningfull speculations here...

It is strange that the post from MAK disappeared from this thread and now images have gone (post #22).
What else are we not seeing on BF and why ?

My understanding is that the forum moderators can and do edit a post, and this may be what occurred. They have their reasons or guidelines and my guess would be that BF does not wish to be seen as contributing to furthering any leaks about Zeiss new products ( understandable ).

Speculation has been rife for a while, human nature trait? but keeps things going. Must admit that the image looked pretty convincing and the unit mouthwatering.

"Rolling, rolling, rolling. Keep them dogies moving." Rawhide....1960s cowboy series.

I'd like to see how Swarovski and Leica, especially Swarovski, responds to the massive afov Zeiss provides.
A new Swarovski EL is due.

Range, post 168,
I have a sad announcement: all Swarovski personel decided to drown themselves after reading about the FOV of the Zeiss 8x32 SF. Since there is not enough water around at the moment, large amounts of liquor are poured in the swimming pools so one can go ahead. Leica was invited to join.
Gijs van Ginkel

Range, post 168,
I have a sad announcement: all Swarovski personel decided to drown themselves after reading about the FOV of the Zeiss 8x32 SF. Since there is not enough water around at the moment, large amounts of liquor are poured in the swimming pools so one can go ahead. Leica was invited to join.
Gijs van Ginkel

Gijs - better get an emergency stop put on that ! :eek!: :gn:

Remember what happened with the Kowa BDII XD ! :eek!::eek!:
It turned out the emperor's new clothes were 'clearly' smaller than first whispered ....... 3:)

Chosun :gh:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back