• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pretty good out the window (1 Viewer)

marcus

Hello
I did not go anywhere today. I just have been sitting in front of this computer most of the day. I have been seeing a whole lot of Tree and Barn Swallows and Chimney Swifts swooping back and forth and I saw a Baltimore Oriole fly by about 100' away. I've had a few of my 6 binoculars with me all the time so I've been getting good looks at most of the birds. But there was a hawk soaring by high in the sky, and even with my binoculars it was just a dot. I'm pretty sure it was a light Red-tailed Hawk.

Sounds a lot easier than the only Tree Swallow and only Chimney Swift I have ever seen - both on Scilly, the later needed a chartered helicopter! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back