• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa 883 + iPhone in Hawaii (1 Viewer)

Super Dave

Hi all,

I have the 6+ and just started with the setup. Here's some photos from my lanai.

Auto Focus was locked and I was messing around with the exposure. The Kowa eyepiece has a little play causing the phone to move a little resulting in a dark corner. Any fix to that?

For reference, the boat in the photos is in the middle of the first photo. I was using the 1.6X extender giving a 40 to 95x zoom.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• Lili1.JPG
    Lili1.JPG
    759.1 KB · Views: 180
  • Boat1- 40zoom.JPG
    Boat1- 40zoom.JPG
    904.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Boat2.JPG
    Boat2.JPG
    894.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Boat3.JPG
    Boat3.JPG
    728.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Boat4- 95zoom.JPG
    Boat4- 95zoom.JPG
    603.1 KB · Views: 205
In these photos I'm not using the 1.6 extender. So, 25 to 65 wide zoom.

For reference, the house featured is above the scope's focus knob in the first photo.

Attachments

• Lili 2.JPG
    Lili 2.JPG
    766.5 KB · Views: 105
  • House1.JPG
    House1.JPG
    598.5 KB · Views: 100
  • House2.JPG
    House2.JPG
    559.7 KB · Views: 97
  • House3.JPG
    House3.JPG
    411.8 KB · Views: 92
And one more house.

I find focusing the scope is a little bit of a challenge when viewing the iPhone screen.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• House B2 25x.JPG
    House B2 25x.JPG
    895.5 KB · Views: 68
  • House B2 40x zoom.JPG
    House B2 40x zoom.JPG
    590.4 KB · Views: 65
  • House B2 65x.JPG
    House B2 65x.JPG
    557.7 KB · Views: 66
Are you handholding the phone? That makes it hard to take pictures. Much easier when using an adapter to hold the phone in place.

Thanks Proterra. I tried the different eye cup positions and the furthest out is best. I contacted Kowa about the wiggle in the eyecup. I will send them a video and see what they think. Thanks,
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back