• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brazil 2018 (1 Viewer)

tringbirds

I am taking a bird trip to the Atlantic forest for 8days next November.
For economy of scale, flying to Brazil for 8days is expensive and therefore would like to extend the trip by visiting others areas. Can anyone suggest a good place to visit in the nearby region. I have been to the Pantanal and briefly Manaus and so I do not need to consider these areas.
All advice would much appreciated.
Thank you

My principal recommendation is the example I gave. That is where we went on a Birdquest tour after visiting Intervales. It was about a day's drive. A nice change of pace to be in mostly open habitats (cerrado and grasslands) after all the forest birding. The park is also very good for Giant Anteater, and the uber-rare Brazilian Merganser can be found just outside the park, but takes some effort. Since I was on a tour, I have no idea about birding it independently, however.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back