• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arctic Fox (1 Viewer)

GWB77

Grafham Water Birder
Can anyone recommend a site with a reasonable chance of seeing Arctic Fox in early-May (Western Iceland region preferably). My wife would be thrilled to see some of these (plus it will buy me bonus points when I have to drag her along to look at Gulls!).

The cliffs at Latraberg (spelling??) were a great bet in 2007 for us, I suspect they still are. Web search for 'andy mears Iceland' and my short report will pop up... All the details you need are in there.

The cliffs at Latraberg (spelling??) were a great bet in 2007 for us, I suspect they still are. Web search for 'andy mears Iceland' and my short report will pop up... All the details you need are in there.

Thanks for this. I'm heading there in June, I've hired a camper van and hoping the weather's on our side.

I was lucky enough to find this one about at 9:00 a-m. near the car park at Látrabjarg last year, 3rd june ;) Close enough to the puffins' cliffs, as you can gather... Fantastic birding place too

Attachments

• FAG_03062016_49978.jpg
    FAG_03062016_49978.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 89
  • FAG_03062016_49981.jpg
    FAG_03062016_49981.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 97
  • FAG_03062016_49957.jpg
    FAG_03062016_49957.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 84
Can anyone recommend a site with a reasonable chance of seeing Arctic Fox in early-May (Western Iceland region preferably). My wife would be thrilled to see some of these (plus it will buy me bonus points when I have to drag her along to look at Gulls!).

How did you do?

We made a last minute decision to go to Látrabjarg when we were heading back from Mývatn. If I'd known just how bad the roads were I wouldn't have made the effort but we did see one fox cross the road about 40km before Látrabjarg and another glimpsed on the way back at about 11.30pm.

Oh, and I ticked Brunnich's Guillemot.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back