• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northumbrian Birding (3 Viewers)

Unity

It's not for me to make apologies for 'Mr Woodhorn' :C BUT his sentiment is not one universally held north of the river (Tyne, that is) :-C, I mean I am from Liverpool and we're even lower down the food chain :-O

lets keep football rivalry off this site....plenty of Sunderland supporters in Northumberland...and plenty of Newcastle supporters in Durham...

STill plenty time to lure it in with a packet of chips at newbiggin )

btw the word mackem isnt a football(rivalry) term, its a historical word for an inhabitant of sunderland area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackem

"Ville (French pronunciation: [vil]) is the modern French word of Latin origin now meaning city or town, but the first meaning in the middle-ages was farm (from Latin villa rustica) and then village. The derivative suffix "-ville" is commonly used in English in names of cities, towns and villages."

Therefore the bird was indeed in `mackemville.` ALthough some might split hairs and say whitburn isnt in sunderland.....

btw the word mackem isnt a football(rivalry) term, its a historical word for an inhabitant of sunderland area.

"Ville (French pronunciation: [vil]) is the modern French word of Latin origin now meaning city or town, but the first meaning in the middle-ages was farm (from Latin villa rustica) and then village. The derivative suffix "-ville" is commonly used in English in names of cities, towns and villages."

Therefore the bird was indeed in `mackemville.` ALthough some might split hairs and say whitburn isnt in sunderland.....
Whitburn isn't in Sunderland.Whitburn is in South Tynside.Sunderland has nothing to do what so ever with Styneside it's in Tyne and Wear.

Last edited:

Ya diggin ya self a hole!;)

Hi Brian

There will be ;) August 12th pelagic has been rearranged to this coming Friday, September 3rd, and then we're out again on Saturday 4th.

There's one place left for Friday 3rd. £60. First come (either by PM, e-mail or 'phone O167O 827465), first served.

Trip report will be posted at www.northernexperiencewildlifetours.co.uk/blog

cheers
martin

Hi Martin ,is there any info or link to trip reports for the pelagics.
Brian

St Mary's

Greenish Warbler showed, but for barely 5 seconds in 5 hours watching, at 12.30 today at St Mary's.

Merlin did 3 air displays and landed on top of the lighthouse.

Thanks Martin I have had a look and so far can't find the pelagic reports I have found some here though, link here for those interested.
http://dustybins.blogspot.com/2009/08/ntbcnewt-pelagic-7-aug-3.html
Brian

Hi Brian

There will be ;) August 12th pelagic has been rearranged to this coming Friday, September 3rd, and then we're out again on Saturday 4th.

There's one place left for Friday 3rd. £60. First come (either by PM, e-mail or 'phone O167O 827465), first served.

Trip report will be posted at www.northernexperiencewildlifetours.co.uk/blog

cheers
martin

I went to St Mary's this afternoon with my four year old daughter. As we got to the Northeast corner, I was told by a couple of birders that the Greenish Warbler hadn't been seen since this morning. So having a four year old that loves climbing, to entertain. We climbed over the first stile, as a small bird flew into the willows in front of us. I got the bins on it, as it flitted around the edge of the willows. It had a bright Greyish looking supersilium and a single wing bar. By the time I got the attention of the other birders there, it had disappeared into the willows again.

And that is how it is done Mr M. 8-P ;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back