• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Migrant Hawker v's Southern Migrant Hawker (1 Viewer)

Heathy

With the Southern Migrant Hawker having and excellent season in Southern England and not that much information readily available for the identification of their exuviae, I have produced a number of plates comparing the Migrant and Southern Migrant Hawker which will hopefully be of use to other enthusiasts should they think they encounter the exuviae of this species.
More photos can be viewed at www.marcheathwildlifephotography.zenfolio.com. Click 'My Blog'.

Marc Heath

Attachments

• mhsmhex1.jpg
    mhsmhex1.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 30
An interesting paper. I shall take a proper read. Yes, I found a few male exuviae which I shall hopefully photograph soon.

Marc

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back