• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera for digiscoping with Opticron GS 665 GA ED & HDF 16-48x zoom (1 Viewer)

wildlifegeek

Goood morning,

I am new to the forum and wondered if you may be able to help me out.

I have recently sold my heavy canon camera gear, in favour of the Olympus OMD EM-1. I still can't decide whether I have made a huge mistake, but too late now! At the moment I have the 12-40mm f2.8 and 60mm f 2.8 lenses, and have been looking at the Oly 17mm f1.8 & 25mm f1.8, and the Sigma 30mm f2.8.

I was just wondering if anybody has used the MFT set up with the Opticron GS 665 GA ED and HDF 16-48 zoom and can offer any advice. I have never digiscoped before, so I have no idea what the best lens combination would be, and whether I would need/be better with a fixed eyepiece for my scope. Also, I don't know what adapters I would need to use a camera with my scope.

I am also looking for a decent compact camera, I currently have a Canon G12 which i believe is no use for digiscoping, so I am planning on palming that one off to the hubby and replacing it. Any recommendations here if my Oly system isn't suitable? There is a good deal online for a Fuji X20 if anybody has any experience of it?

Apologies if this question has already been asked, I had a look in the thread and couldn't see anything. I have read th thread on the Sigma 30mm and it sounds great, as does the Oly 25mm.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Natalie

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back