• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cameras for digiscoping - Nikon Coolpix A (1 Viewer)

Linfordbirder

Hi guys,
I have a nikon coolpic p6000 I use for digiscoping, but it needs a £75 repair to the zoom. Considering other options and spotted the Nikon Coolpix A

http://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/product/digital-cameras/coolpix/brilliant-performance/coolpix-a

Does anyone have any experience of this camera for digiscoping. I use a Nikon ED82 scope with 25-70 zoom and an old eagle optics adapter that screws on to the P6000.

Appreciate any feedback or better alternatives.

Best Regards,

Steve

Hi guys,
I have a nikon coolpic p6000 I use for digiscoping, but it needs a £75 repair to the zoom. Considering other options and spotted the Nikon Coolpix A

http://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/product/digital-cameras/coolpix/brilliant-performance/coolpix-a

Does anyone have any experience of this camera for digiscoping. I use a Nikon ED82 scope with 25-70 zoom and an old eagle optics adapter that screws on to the P6000.

Appreciate any feedback or better alternatives.

Best Regards,

Steve,
You will have to try it with your kit but I expect it might have some vignetting as 28 mm is a bit on the short side. Normally 40 mm is a good place to start for a digiscoping lens.
Have a look at the Nikon P340 or the Sony RX 100 M3 if you want a compact camera but a lot of people have moved up to Micro Four Thirds cameras these days. Lot's of threads on these cameras. If you like Nikon and you want more in a camera than the P340 look at the V1/V2/V3.
Neil.

You will have to try it with your kit but I expect it might have some vignetting as 28 mm is a bit on the short side. Normally 40 mm is a good place to start for a digiscoping lens.
Have a look at the Nikon P340 or the Sony RX 100 M3 if you want a compact camera but a lot of people have moved up to Micro Four Thirds cameras these days. Lot's of threads on these cameras. If you like Nikon and you want more in a camera than the P340 look at the V1/V2/V3.
Neil.

Thanks for the reply Neil.

I've followed your advice and done a little more delving. Think at this point I will stick with what I have and look to jump into the Micro Four Thirds world.

Best regards,

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back