• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chillington Hornbeams (1 Viewer)

israel

Does Chillington still have its Hornbeams?(haven't been for 40years) Must have potential for Hawfinches but have not heard of any reports from there.

Cheers Chris. Thomson.

Does Chillington still have its Hornbeams?(haven't been for 40years) Must have potential for Hawfinches but have not heard of any reports from there.

Cheers Chris. Thomson.

The last Hawfinch I saw there was in 1995. I remember seeing up to 54 there in the winter of 88/89.
I checked it a few weeks ago with no luck, but there were still plenty of leaves on the trees. I'm pretty confident there will be Hawfinch there some time this winter. If not, March will be a good time to look when they start to move back.

Cheers Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back