• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3 from Eigg August 16 (1 Viewer)

Mike Tom

I am trying to understand how you identify Ravens and Crows from underneath. I have read the Raven has a wedge shape tail so are these Ravens. The waders I think are Sanderling at the front and Dunlin at the rear. Am I correct. Thank you.

Attachments

• DSCF2185.jpg
    DSCF2185.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF2184.jpg
    DSCF2184.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF2678.jpg
    DSCF2678.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 56
Ravens also seem to have quite a narrow hand. Both of these Ravens for me.

And the waders - Dunlin, Sanderling, Sanderling, Sanderling, Dunlin, Sanderling, Dunlin, Sanderling, Dunlin.

Visited Eigg as a kid, 37 years ago, only had electricity at our cottage for a couple of hours a day when the generator was on to do the milking. Amazing trip, ticked Golden Eagle & Otter, remember it like it was yesterday. No, not yesterday, yesterday's a bit of a blur, better than that, remember it like was 37 years ago, that's more like it....

Ravens also seem to have quite a narrow hand. Both of these Ravens for me.

And the waders - Dunlin, Sanderling, Sanderling, Sanderling, Dunlin, Sanderling, Dunlin, Sanderling, Dunlin.

Visited Eigg as a kid, 37 years ago, only had electricity at our cottage for a couple of hours a day when the generator was on to do the milking. Amazing trip, ticked Golden Eagle & Otter, remember it like it was yesterday. No, not yesterday, yesterday's a bit of a blur, better than that, remember it like was 37 years ago, that's more like it....

Thank you. For me Eigg is my favourite place out of anywhere I have been, big enough to be interesting but small enough to know completely.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back