• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Astroscope + DSLR = Gallery! (6 Viewers)

+1 !

For me, not great birds but a good light sunday aftenoon... |8)|
All made with Astro-Professional 80/480mm triplet+5DII in Bretagne's beach (Saint-Lunaire)

Attachments

• _MG_6918-2 copy.jpg
    _MG_6918-2 copy.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 77
  • _MG_6894 copy.jpg
    _MG_6894 copy.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 87
  • _MG_6890 copy.jpg
    _MG_6890 copy.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 82
  • _MG_6874 copy.jpg
    _MG_6874 copy.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 101
  • _MG_6867 copy.jpg
    _MG_6867 copy.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
A little bit far and the light was down (and I have broken my TC x1.4 in a fall :C)...

Attachments

• _MG_7380 copy.jpg
    _MG_7380 copy.jpg
    826.8 KB · Views: 59
  • _MG_7378 copy.jpg
    _MG_7378 copy.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 65
  • _MG_7376 copy.jpg
    _MG_7376 copy.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 51
  • _MG_7375 copy.jpg
    _MG_7375 copy.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 79
Dunno why it appears at only 57kb... I make it as close as possible to 400k when I save as... in cs.

Here another with less USM

hmm seems that it uploads alot smaller than the file I have on my comp...

I have been trying all sorts of tricks... how do you guys compress and upload here, in order to get decent image size??

Last edited:
I don't think the file size on your image is too small considering all the background is out of focus. You wouldn't expect it to be huge for a photo that size but I'd think maybe double or treble that file size might be better. I tend to just use 'Save for web' on Photoshop and set it to around 80% to 100% depending on the file size it predicts. I aim for a file size of around 300kb and they upload fine.

Paul.

haha now i tried the save for web method, and they ended up 27kb... i give up towel is in the ring...here it is with less usm, but now only 46kb

Attachments

• pied_MG_0255.jpg
    pied_MG_0255.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 68
I guess the starting file must be already very small if save for web is getting it down to 27kb. I see the next image of the Drongo is much bigger. Maybe a little stray light coming off shiny internal surfaces making the blacks a little low in contrast. Have you flocked the extension tubes etc?

Paul.

no flocking yet... that is next...seems that its only extensions that need flocking though.

the hornbill was not cropped, the drongo is...drongo had to be lifted as it was taken in a dark forest

Last edited:
On a bloody hot afternoon... guess it was around 35celsius.

Blue-Naped Parrot - Tanygnathus lucionensis
tecnosky 80/480 triplet

Attachments

• Tanygnathus_lucionensis_MG_9610.jpg
    Tanygnathus_lucionensis_MG_9610.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Although I no longer have a astroscope here is an old pic I have just processed, taken using the SW80ED + 1.4x tc on the 7D. Shot from around 150 feet (biggish crop).

Attachments

• little egret4.jpg
    little egret4.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 113
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back