• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

x32 SF (1 Viewer)

I should say again I don't know who is the leaking source.
I just posted something which is already in the public domain when I posted it.
I expressed my hesitation and reason to post the original link, however I don't regret that and I don't think I was to blame.

I see you post as a vendor on Cloudy Nights, when you introduced the topic there on the 24th.
Are you a Zeiss retailer ?

Jerry

Hi,

I'm the original poster on this thread, but I've been away.
What did I miss?

Edmund

this just in: Global affairs have impacted (delayed) the launch of the binocular!

Meanwhile, experts on the forum are examining the source of the initial leak! ;-)

this just in: Global affairs have impacted (delayed) the launch of the binocular!

Meanwhile, experts on the forum are examining the source of the initial leak! ;-)

So what are the known details of this instrument, which I assume half the people here have held on NDA, and the other half discovered in a leak while I was away?

Maybe someone not under NDA who read the leak can tell? It seems unfair that as OP I am the only uninformed on the contents of the thread :)

Edmund

Well looks like more things to talk about and more time too... intrigue with take downs and the like, maybe it’s all fake news?

Peter

Thank you!
When I started this topic, I could feel the SF 8x32 was just around the corner.

I assume the first batch will hit European shops in May/June, the usual complaints about QC and baffling and the first hard to move focusers will appear here in September.

I somehow have the feeling we may be in for a real treat, if these have the oomph! of the x42 and an even wider field without the size. The 10x might be a usable alternative to a normal 8x, with similar field.

Edmund

Last edited:
Maybe Zeiss should send a few to some of the respected experts on BF to get the real life reviews rolling so they’ll sell even faster when they finally can do a showy launch... give them time to build up more stock too !

Peter
Oooooo ! :eek!:

An unfortunate turn of phrase !! :-O 3:)

Chosun :gh:

I see you post as a vendor on Cloudy Nights, when you introduced the topic there on the 24th.

Jerry
No. I'm an amateur astronomer and only sell one or two my diy parts.
Browse through my topics in the vendor section and you'll see what I'm seling.
And browse through my topics in the binoculars section, you'll see I'm talking about everything.

Last edited:
Well looks like more things to talk about and more time too... intrigue with take downs and the like, maybe it’s all fake news?

Peter

Images being taken down(not the thread) means someone(may not be Zeiss) has objection on the pictures. That adds weight to its truthfulness IMO. If it's fake news and Zeiss objected, the whole thread should've been deleted.

And I'm also a moderator of the bggd bbs, where I saw the SF32 topic posted.
Bggd is one of the largest forums in the world dedicated to binoculars, with 200000 members and hundreds of posts everyday.

Jerry

Well Jerry, That internet clue kinda petered out... I think its time to put on the Stetson, book that flight to Shanghai, and get to the bottom of this. We here on the forum will await further bulletins.

Codeword: x32

over and out.

ps: What's your pocket carry bin? Swaro?

Images being taken down(not the thread) means someone(may not be Zeiss) has objection on the pictures. That adds weight to its truthfulness IMO. If it's fake news and Zeiss objected, the whole thread should've been deleted.

You should know, Zeiss makes new product introductions at the proper place and time, it is important to their business, and you should not be doing that.

Do you understand that, now ?

Jerry

You should know, Zeiss makes new product introductions at the proper place and time, it is important to their business, and you should not be doing that.

Do you understand that, now ?

Jerry
Please see #128.
I think it is rightful for an outsider, I'll say again I'm a pure consumer not a dealer of any kind in this senario, to make use of info already in the public domain. It is Zeiss who should make sure the info does not leak if they want to keep a secret, not me.
So I do not understand and your comment is not accepted.
All in all why should I know Zeiss want this or that? I'm not related to the industry in any sense.

Last edited:
Well Jerry, That internet clue kinda petered out... I think its time to put on the Stetson, book that flight to Shanghai, and get to the bottom of this. We here on the forum will await further bulletins.

Codeword: x32

over and out.

ps: What's your pocket carry bin? Swaro?
I suggest you go to Beijing. The original link where I get this piece of info comes from there.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back