• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Factory in Lock Down (1 Viewer)

AndyP

All Birders please be aware that Swarovski In Austria is in lock down with nothing coming back to the UK.
Found this out today from South West Optics who had sent back my EL’s for a service and focuser fix.
Sent back 4 weeks ago and now sitting in the Factory . No idea at all when they will be returned.
So be warned if you were thinking of sending anything to them.
On a major plus Steve from South West Optics has given me outstanding service on this on by sorting out a very acceptable plan B for me to enable me to keep Birding.
Have dealt with Steve every since he started and can highly recommend him
Andy

At least he came to his senses and deleted it.

I can't imagine what a lovely block party we are all going to have once all this is over.

A few days ago a got and email from swaro costumer services with COVID19 related news. Quoting from the email:
"REPAIRS
Due to the current situation, we will not be able to carry out any maintenance or repair services at least until April 20, 2020. We thank you for your understanding and patience.
We are looking forward to receiving and servicing your devices as soon as we have resumed operations as usual.
Please kindly note that our online service "Repair Registration" via "My Account" will also not be available until April 20, 2020. "

So fortunately you'll have your bins before 2030 :).

Hi AlexandG,

Swarovski Austria issued the attached statement notifying of a general closedown - for at least two weeks - on the 17th March
see: https://www.swarovskioptik.com/press/COVID_19 (the statement is posted firstly in German and then in English)
And it is still the most recent statement on the Austrian site

The message that HLousa received, seems to be indicating the intention that the on-line registration function would again be available from the 20th April
Whether it was supposed to mean that repairs would also be recommencing is unclear

Regardless, as the message is now over 3 weeks old, it would have been superseded by more recent events
e.g. Austria with a population of 9 million, has recorded 18 COVID-19 deaths in the last 24 hours, see: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/austria/

In terms of a possible timeline, maybe someone can provide information as to whether a planned easing of restrictions on industry is yet scheduled in Austria?

John

Attachments

• Swarovski & Covid.jpg
    Swarovski & Covid.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
So today is the last day of their lockdown?

See John's reply about this but I can add that I know from a British dealer that though the factory is currently closed their supply system is still able to send through orders to stockists about as efficiently as usual, at least at the moment while they have supplies.

In fact I know this has been a very busy time for at least the dealer I have spoken to. One can only assume that with good weather and many people on furlough, enthusiasts have been showing enthusiasm!

Tom

I agree with John A Roberts, costumer service should take a while to be running again.
I had been in touch with swaro costumer service (had a small accident with my bins*) and the last email I've received (25th March) implied that it would be better to send optics for repair not earlier than the end of April.

* with so many hours in the field the accident happens at home during lockdown, go figure!

Thank you all for the information shared��Guess I will just wait to see whether they will release a official statement. Today Singapore the confirmed case for COVID 19 just exceeded 8k, with a population of 5.7 million. Wish everyone stay safe and healthy.

I sent a set to SONA for servicing yesterday and was told 12-18 weeks due to the pandemic. I saw no advantage in waiting, since I have other bins to use.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back