• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some pics (1 Viewer)

Ant

North Wales birder
Two pics I took last night,
during a period of 30 mins lying by the back door.(me not the fox)

Attachments

• fox#1.jpg
    fox#1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 45
  • fox#2.jpg
    fox#2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 44
Oh how lovely. The second one looks so posed! Why was it, that when I had a fox in my garden for the one and only time in my whole life, I had no camera to hand?!

:clap: Well done with the pics and your patience Ant, they are great! You are so lucky to have such handsome visitors!

I had a Hedgehog in my garden on Tuesday night, too dark for a picture though.
I put some cat food and water out last night, it was gone this morning but who ate it and drank it I do not know!!!! :bounce:

Hi Ant,
good God, you are the luckey one, great pics I am amazed that they came so close even if you were staying still.

Scott

SAFM said:
Hi Ant,
good God, you are the luckey one, great pics I am amazed that they came so close even if you were staying still.

Scott

Hi scott,

I had intended to photograph it eating eggs, illuminated by a halogen lamp so I didn't need to use the flash, but it never worked.

Anyway, these are better than i expected.

Great pics i was going to post some pics the other day but again there file size is too big

But your pics are brilliant keep it going Ant (not that you need any encouragement)

Great pics Ant, well done. I don't even know how to store my photos on the computer, never mind posting them. Computer literate I'm not!

Hi Ant,
Just great....beautiful photos, well done on getting these. You are so lucky to have them so close to you. She is absolutely gorgeous.

Best wishes

Great photos Ant. She's made herself very comfy hasn't she! Patience rewarded, well done.
All the best, Judo.

Ross Hunter said:
Great pics i was going to post some pics the other day but again there file size is too big

But your pics are brilliant keep it going Ant (not that you need any encouragement)

I agree, they are really good photos of a Fox, they look professional.

Ross, the way I minimize the size of my photos is to e-mail them to myself, thereby reducing the size, then save on the desktop, ready to post where it says "manage attachments". I am sure there must be a quicker way of doing it so someone wants to explain to us it would be good.

Happy snapping

Bridie

Ross Hunter said:
Thanks a bunch Bridie i will try too some pics on as soon as i can

Yii Pee!

Hello Ross

If you need any more tips on this do ask. It took me ages to work it out.

Bridie

Ross Hunter said:
Thanks a bunch Bridie i will try too some pics on as soon as i can

Yii Pee!

Hi ross,
I think the easyest way for you to get your photos on here is to ask scott to post them for you, afterall, he does know how.

Janay15 said:
Beautiful photos Ant - she's gorgeous. I've never been able to get that close to my local foxes.

Hi Janay,
As bill says, "patience and luck" plays a major part.

I was going to try to explain how I am getting these photos, starting from the biggining where you gain the animals trust, but it's very difficult to word.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back