• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Cyprus, Helm (1 Viewer)

Colin Richardson has a couple of copies in his possession as I understand, one for my friend flying out next week.

We'll see how often and how far publication will be moved to the future. If it comes out in time, I'll certainly get it. My first trip to Cyprus will be in the second half of April. I'll actually have sufficient info to make it there without this new book. So it will certainly not be an after-tour consideration.

Now published and on sale. Jim

It might be interesting to know how they will treat the recently split Cyprus owl.

Split.

If the illustration is accurate and I have no reason to doubt it, the ID should be straightforward in the field.

The illustration of Cyprus Scops Owl shows a chunkier bird with a fiercer expression, short, ragged ears tufts and piercing yellow eyes though none of this is conveyed in the text.

Last edited:
You're very slow recently Robert.........;)

As stated in post #2, I need the book for an April trip. But it's one of those that I will likely not use much later. So I did not want to order with the risk of the book arriving too late. I have had a number of such things going in the past.

Great, so in time for using it in April. o:)

Just ordered it.

Got my book today. Over all a very fine book. Missing the quick-find index that I think should be standard by now. Only printing issue so far: plate 77 is missing the Black Redstart name.
For me of particular interest is when migrants will be around or gone, and the book does a very fine job in the species texts. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back