• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

European Robin, group feeding (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
I watched three Robins today which were feeding together on a lawn. They all fed within a 3m radius and were not at all territorial as they usually are.

I've never seen this before?

There are two who will feed happily together in our front garden, about 1 metre apart.

I once saw five Robins feeding together just outside my pub window, in hard weather in January (Fingle Bridge, R Teign, Devon).

Were yours in Russia Andy ?

I once saw five Robins feeding together just outside my pub window, in hard weather in January (Fingle Bridge, R Teign, Devon).

Were yours in Russia Andy ?

No Dave,
back home in Nottingham, seen from my kitchen window.

They usually go nuts when they see each other but they were happily foraging in very close proximity to each other and I've just never seen them do that.

We have Great Tits singing here now too, well, their spring call at least.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back