• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Somerset and the surrounding areas and Global Big Day (1 Viewer)

beatnick

Hey PA BF.

Just wondering if anyone on here is from Southwest or South central PA. I'm a relatively new birder, but I try to get out everyday (even if I can only do 30 minutes). I've been birding at Somerset Lake, Quemahoning Reservoir, Allegheny Plateau Hawk Watch and Laurel Hill State Park, logging my entries on eBird to the best of my ability, and just sort of exploring new hotspots.

I've only met one couple while out birding who were friendly enough to share some insights. Most of the people I meet or see would rather keep to themselves, which is fine, but it'd be great to meet some local birders and learn from their experience.

With Global Big Day coming up in a few weeks perhaps some of you have an itinerary or are aware of a group of birders that I could meet up with at some point.

Beyond that, I'd love to know what others in our state are doing for Global Big Day as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back