• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

internet explorer help (1 Viewer)

Steven Astley

I have a computer from time/tiny I have had to reload it and now the way I connect to the internet is through there supanet.exe which uses the internet explorer icon. I click on this on desktop get annoying message of connecting with their dialup.
How do i get rid of all this and just have proper internet explorer.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Hi Steven, go to Internet Options > Connections > and either choose 'never dial a connection' or set your other dial-up as default.

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi andy.
Its already set to never dial a connection its more complex than that. I can get on the internet so i will have to put with the message for now.
Thanks for trying andy.
Can andy or anybody right click on internet explorer go to properties and tell me what is written in the target box.

Never mind andy thanks anyway. my internet isn't internet explorer its an application that uses internet explorer which is hidden deep in the system somewhere. I'm trying to find it, so i want to know what internet explorers exact name and where it is. thanks anyway andy.

Steven Astley said:
Never mind andy thanks anyway. my internet isn't internet explorer its an application that uses internet explorer which is hidden deep in the system somewhere. I'm trying to find it, so i want to know what internet explorers exact name and where it is. thanks anyway andy.
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe by default - you must have been looking at a shortcut to it?

yes thats right andy.
instead of iexplorer.exe i have supanet.exe, my internet explorer folder doesn't have iexplorer.exe, this means i have to put up with an annoying message before i get onto internet, still can get on so i will put up with it for now.my shortcut on dsektop is
C:\Program Files\SupaDial\SupaDial.exe

Duke Leto said:
You could try downloading firefox, www.firefox.com, its a lot more secure than IE and is far more configurable.

Been thinking of downloading Firefox for some time, but can you reassure me that I will be able to 'work' it? I've only ever known IE and can find my way round that without thinking about it. Does it look vastly different to IE?

(Andy will be wringing his hands if he reads this - he told me to use Firefox ages ago!)

Sandra
;)

Sandra (Taylor) said:
Been thinking of downloading Firefox for some time, but can you reassure me that I will be able to 'work' it? I've only ever known IE and can find my way round that without thinking about it. Does it look vastly different to IE?

(Andy will be wringing his hands if he reads this - he told me to use Firefox ages ago!)

Sandra
;)

Hi Sandra - if I can work it, anyone can - honestly!

Actually I have to use IE at work and it drives me bats, 'cos half the 'goodies' on FF aren't there!

D

just loaded firefox, nice browser. faster smoother beter than my messed up internet explorer.
problem is does it not support the mouse wheel (not sure what its technical name is) for scrolling up and down pages.

edit. strange just restarted comp and its now working (the mouse wheel). computers don't like me.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back