• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Migrants show up, migrants leave... (1 Viewer)

John DiFool

At one of my regular local haunts on Friday, I found a ton of neotropicals: Scarlet Tanager, both Wood and Swainson thrushes, and a dozen species of warblers (the best a female Cape May), along with a Yellow-billed Cuckoo.

Go back out to the same place this morning, and there isn't a single neotropical migrant anywhere which doesn't nest there. I wish I had been there on whichever evening they left-seeing them rise en masse into the twilight before proceeding north to their summer homes. The weather has had a lot of warm southerly winds over the weekend, which probably explains it. I hope we have at least one more wave coming before summer arrives.

You never know what you'll see when you look out the window for birds, especially if you live on a migration route. I'm on a little river, and it makes it a lot of fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back