• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How much for excellent ED78 body? (1 Viewer)

Palliam

As the title says! I am hesitating because the body must be at least 16 years old...
So how much do you think an ED78 in excellent condition should go for? I am asking as a buyer...

Good luck selling the ED 78. I have the Nikon angled ED 80 and 50ED Nikon. I am glad I could help a little bit. 70°F here today.

As the title says! I am hesitating because the body must be at least 16 years old...
So how much do you think an ED78 in excellent condition should go for? I am asking as a buyer...

I don't pay a lot of attention, but if memory serves I've seen them body-only for as little as $400, but I think around $700 is more typical for one that is excellent and includes WF or MC eyepieces.

The ED78 is superb. Mine is still my most-used scope even though I also own the 50ED, 60, and 82ED. I like the foot position on the 78. It requires a long sliding plate to balance properly, but outfitted as such it allows me to focus it the same as if it were a long lens (with my hand under the lens), which I prefer. The 82ED makes such a grip too awkward. Performance-wise, I can't find a difference between my 78 and my 82 even though the latter should have better lens coatings.

--AP

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back