• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peregrines? (1 Viewer)

Cbrdave

Give me just one clear photo.
I'm pretty sure these are male and female peregrines, wife says a hawk of some kind, If I am right I have just ticked off my favourite bird of prey.

Both flying within 50 feet of each other, one darker than the other, one landed briefly on the cliff and stashed its food.

Attachments

• _DSC1337.jpg
    _DSC1337.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 187
  • _DSC1346.jpg
    _DSC1346.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Falcon 4.jpg
    Falcon 4.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Thanks all, I tried to upload some more pics but they where too large and I couldn't find a way of shrinking them, the 3rd pic was uploaded after rich's comment.

Here's all the photos taken so hopefully this will help with I.D's of them both.

Attachments

• rsz_falcon_1.jpg
    rsz_falcon_1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 30
  • rsz_falcon_2.jpg
    rsz_falcon_2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 24
  • rsz_falcon_3.jpg
    rsz_falcon_3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 27
  • rsz_falcon_4.jpg
    rsz_falcon_4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 29
  • rsz_falcon_5.jpg
    rsz_falcon_5.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 32
Hope these help.

Attachments

• rsz_falcon_6.jpg
    rsz_falcon_6.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 18
  • rsz_falcon_7.jpg
    rsz_falcon_7.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 17
  • rsz_falcon_8.jpg
    rsz_falcon_8.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 28
  • rsz_falcon_9.jpg
    rsz_falcon_9.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 31
Nice shots! My screen resolution isn't tops but is the very first bird carrying nest material or is that a 'jess'? And, the 'rat' being carried in the last 2 is great:t:

Nice shots! My screen resolution isn't tops but is the very first bird carrying nest material or is that a 'jess'? And, the 'rat' being carried in the last 2 is great:t:

Thanks Steve,
I believe it was carrying a small vole or mouse, cant quite get a clear view when zooming in on original photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back