• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tomorrow...... (1 Viewer)

El Annie

Phew..............
Off on a ringing field trip tomorrow to a spot near Richmond in Nth Yorks, we'll be hoping for lots of Yellowhammers, will report back tomorrow nite.

Annie :)

Hope you are lucky Annie, I don't see any here in Cheshire. Only time I get to see them is when I go to visit my Mother in Hampshire. Which will be next month now, they seem to come out in the summer months, or maybe I wake up then and become more observant!!

We get quite a few Yellowhammers in this part of Lancs but they all dissapear in winter, I havn't seen one since November tho they'll be returning to their nesting territories shortly. I hope you managed to get up early this morning.

Yes, good birding Annie. I presume by ringing (yes I can be quite stupid at times) you mean that the birds are going to be ringed?

Eeeee silly me, I'd completely forgotten that I'd said I'd post results of Sunday's jaunt!! It wasn't bad, we stayed just for the morning 8.15 til about 12, caught 4 YH's ( had 11 on the previous trip) and a few other species - predominantly Blackies. There were quite large flocks of YH's all around us but they kept flying over the nets!! A plus to the day though was a walk through the woodland where we saw Tawny Owl, Woodcock, some very rare bright red fungus and a brill old tree riddled with Woodie holes which I shall photograph for the gallery next time we go up there.

Annie :)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back